Monday, July 22, 2013

Women and Rubies - The Lightbulb Flickered

   Women, do you feel like your life is not what you thought it would be? Or maybe you feel short changed, making too many wrong decisions, that your alone even in a room filled with family and friends, unappreciated and taken for granted, or even a bit confused or hopeless...or maybe you think your life is normal, but you have noticed that you are giving more than anyone else on a consistent basis.

Most women feel some of these things occasionally or maybe you feel this way often. I know I have. For years I felt these things, never really understanding why. It wasn't until one day when my husband gave me an ultimatum. The light bulb flickered, not full on, but enough to say, "wait a minute, something is not right here."

I decided that my life, not only wasn't what I had hoped it to be, but that something was off, unbalanced,  just down right out of kilter. For the longest time I thought I was being a good wife, mother, daughter, and friend. I grew up believing that with every relationship there was a price to pay. That it was just the way life was. You suck it up and do what you have to do.

This was the beginning of my journey, to find out the answers, the reason behind my flickering lightbulb. After researching psychologists in my area, I interviewed several, and decided on one. I thought maybe an objective and educated therapist just might help me find that answers I was searching for.

So my journey began....


No comments:

Post a Comment